In Kantask you can:
- Estimate the amount of work hours per card.
- Compare the estimated time against the actual time worked on the card.
The measurement of time of a card begins from the moment that the status of a card is selected to "In progress" and ends when this same status is changed to "Completed".
- The time of a card will not be measured unless these state changes are met.
- To compare the real time to the estimated time, you must previously estimate the time of a task by inserting a number of hours into the opened card. At the end of this article, it is explained how to insert this value into the card.
Once one or more cards have passed through these two status, go to the analysis section of your project and click on the tab "Cards' times" to get insights on how long it takes for every card to be completed:
Note: The estimated time is calculated by subtracting the real time from the estimated time. It will produce a negative value if the real time is less than the estimated time, or positive otherwise.
Estimated working time
To insert an estimated working time, simply:
- Open a card by clicking on its title.
- Insert the number of estimated hours in the "Est. Working Hours" field.