In Kantask, you can create two types of objectives:
- Milestones: Specific and measurable objectives.
- Goals: Goals usually contain one or several milestones. Unlike milestones, goals are usually broader and may be less specific. They symbolize an achievement as a result of having achieved several objectives.
Both milestones and goals can be assigned to an individual or a team. That is, they can become collective.
The milestones and goals are created at a stage of your board.
To create a milestone or goal:
1. Click on the title of the stage where you want to create an objective / goal.
2. Click on the objectives tab and then on the "Add new milestone" button:
3. The options below are shown where you have to select a type of goal and to whom to assign.
a. Select a type.
The possible types are the following:
- Parent: it is a goal. In other words, it is an achievement measure that can contain several milestones.
- Type: Allows the selection of a type of card. All cards that are of that type on the board will be selected.
- Value: A calculation of the sum of the value contained in all the cards that reach that stage on the date indicated.
- All cards: Select all cards on the board.
- Card selection: Allows the selection of some specific cards on the board.
It is important to note that - except in the case of card selection - all objectives are dynamic. That is, any new card created in the line and that reaches the stage where the goal was created, will help reaching the goal.
b. Assign the objective. You can select a member of a team or a team.
c. Name: Finally, you need in any case to add a name for your goal. And a start and end date.
4. Finally click on the "Send" button.
As a result, your goal was created. Monitoring of objectives: Kantask will send you a message on the target's end date indicating its progress status. It is also possible to follow the achievement progress in the Analytics section in the Milestones' tab.