By default, the card comes with 15 pre-defined fields. These fields represent commonly required information (priority, confidentiality, start date, etc.). However, you can create new fields to adapt this tool to your process.
The creation of fields and their use in cards is carried out in two stages:
- Creating the fields in the card models.
- The use of these cards models in some type of card.
- Creating the fields in the card models
To create new fields, follow these steps:
- Go to the Kantask logo on the top left of your screen and click the logo.
- A menu is displayed. Click the "Customize cards" tab.
- Click on the "Card Models" tab and the window below will open. The list of card model will be displayed.
Click "Add New".
To create a new field, follow the steps below.
- Click on "New Card Model". A window opens in which you must enter the following information:
- Name of the field you are creating.
- Select the types of fields you need.
- Once this information is added, click "Save" or "Save and Continue".
- When you click “Save and Continue”, the “Custom Fields visualization” window opens. This window allows you to define the order of appearance of the custom fields on the card.
Available field types:
- "Date", will generate a calendar window to enter a date.
- "Attachment" will allow you to attach a document to the card.
- "Currency" will define a currency type.
- "Date" will not only allow you to enter a date.
- "Email", an email address. Just by clicking on it, it will open your email application.
- "Integer", any whole number. Example: 1, 2, 3, 4 ...
- "Picklist", will allow to insert a drop-down form in the card that will give several options to the user.
- "Time Only" allows you to enter only the time.
- "User", refers to a member of the team.
- We recommend creating models and fields in a rational way. Due to their inclusion in the analysis section, once created, the fields cannot be deleted from the application. They can be just disabled.
- All cards that are based on the model will inherit the fields selected in that model.