Members of a team have different types of privileges.
- Reader: acts as an observer; this member can “read only”, in other words view cards and lanes without being able to make changes.
- User: have access to all the functionality except actions like: deleting a lane or invite new users.
- Super User: is a full member of the team without having the option to make changes to the administration of the account or inviting users.
- Administrator: has access to all the functionalities.
No user, including the Administrator, can access all Kantask workspaces and lanes.
Users - including Administrator and ‘Super User’ users – can only view and access the workspaces they have created or were invited to.
It is important to understand how the hierarchy of Privacy in Kantask works.
ROOM > WORKSPACE > LANE
Kantask has the following concepts to help you organize your work:
Room – A room is the top-level container.
Room – A room may contain multiple workspaces.
Workspace – A workspace may contain multiple lanes
Lanes – A lane may contain multiple stages
Stages – A stage may contain multiple cards
In other words, a user will not be able to view a project/lane unless he has previously been invited to the workspace that includes that lane and to the room that contains the workspace.
Change of roles
The change from one role to another role for a given user can be done by a Super User or an Administrator.
To change a user's category:
- Click the Kantask logo, located at the top left of your screen and click the User Management tab.
- Select the user and click on the wheel icon.
• In the "Role" line select the new category to be assigned to the user.