In the day to day, it is probable that the accomplishment of certain tasks will depend on the accomplishment of sub-tasks, which can be represented by other cards.
When creating a card dependency, the card from which the dependencies were created (the "mother" card) will be blocked in its column until all sub-cards have reached their final stage. The final stage will be by default the last stage of the board unless another stage is declared as final. At the end of this article it is shown how to declare another stage as final.
To create a relationship between one card and another, follow the steps below:
1. Open the card (The card must have been created and saved beforehand)
2. Click on the "Add relationship" icon to the right of the card title:
3. Click on the "Card Title" field in the "Add new relation" and write the first letters of the title of the card that will be related to this one. Select the card.
4. Finally, click on the green button to add a relationship.
Creating final stages
Each column in a board can be configured as a final stage.
To declare a new stage as final, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the title of the column in which you want to establish a measurement.
2. Click on the "Advanced Information" tab and check the box "Is this column a final stage?"
Cards that reach this stage will unlock their "mothers" cards, which depend on them to follow their course.